At Mercedes College there are two drivers of the curriculum: Catholicity and a commitment to International Mindedness.
(Reception - Year 5) IB MYP
(Years 6 - 10) IB Diploma Programme
(Years 11 - 12) SACE (Years 11 - 12) Special Programmes Sport The Arts 1: World Strategy Student Academic Achievements
Contact Mercedes College
540 Fullarton Rd Springfield 5062
Ph: +61 (0) 8 8372 3200
Fx: +61 (0) 8 8379 9540
The R to 12 Religious Education Programme provides students with opportunities to practise their faith in the following ways:
- Class, year level and whole school liturgical experiences
- Daily prayer
- Retreat experiences for Years 8-12
All students are challenged to live in the way of the Gospels, and the Mercy Keys of Compassion, Integrity, Justice, Responsibility, Loyalty and Mutual Respect are lived on a daily basis.
The Mercy tradition is based strongly on service to those less fortunate than ourselves and so Senior students participate in a number of service and outreach activities.
Mercedes College is the only Catholic school in South Australia to offer curriculum provided by the International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO) from Reception through to Year 12. IB programmes encourage international mindedness by emphasising an understanding of diversity of culture and by developing intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills required for global citizenship.
All IB students learn a second language while supporting and developing mother tongue languages.
The IBO chooses to define "international education" according to the following criteria.
- Developing citizens of the world in relation to culture, language and learning to live together
- Building and reinforcing students' sense of identity and cultural awareness
- Fostering students' recognition and development of universal human values
- Stimulating curiosity and inquiry in order to foster a spirit of discovery and enjoyment of learning
- Equipping students with the skills to learn and acquire knowledge, individually or collaboratively, and to apply these skills and knowledge accordingly across a broad range of areas
- Providing international content while responding to local requirements and interests
- Encouraging diversity and flexibility in teaching methods
Providing appropriate forms of assessment and international benchmarking.
Are you an International Student?
Please click here for more information on the specialised Learning Programmes and curriculum offered to our International Students.