The IB Diploma is an academically challenging and balanced programme with final examinations that prepares students for success at university and life beyond.
(Reception - Year 5) IB MYP
(Years 6 - 10) IB Diploma Programme
(Years 11 - 12) SACE (Years 11 - 12) Special Programmes Sport The Arts 1: World Strategy Student Academic Achievements
Contact Mercedes College
540 Fullarton Rd Springfield 5062
Ph: +61 (0) 8 8372 3200
Fx: +61 (0) 8 8379 9540
IB Diploma Programme (Years 11 - 12)
The IB Diploma is an internationally recognised matriculation certificate which qualifies students for entry into overseas universities as well as Australian universities.
To be eligible for the Diploma, candidates are required to complete the following to a satisfactory standard:
- Six academic subjects
- A Theory of Knowledge course
- An Extended Essay
- Creativity Action and Service (CAS)
Students must choose one option from each of the following six groups:
- Group 1 Language A (first language)
- Group 2 Language B (second language: French/Indonesian/English/Spanish ab initio)
- Group 3 Study of Individuals in Society (History, Economics, Business and Management and Psychology)
- Group 4 Experimental Sciences (Biology/Chemistry/Physics/Sports, Exercise and Health Science)
- Group 5 Mathematics (Mathematics, Mathematical Studies)
- Group 6 Visual Art/Theatre/Music or another choice from Groups 2, 3 or 4
Please click here to view the Year 11-12 Subject Choice Form for 2017 or click here to view the IB Diploma Programme Outline.
For details on the IB Diploma curriculum at Mercedes College, please click here.
For further information regarding any of the three IB Programmes, please contact:
Director of Curriculum and Learning
P: 8372 3200