Strategic Management for the College is delegated to the College Council and operational management to the Principal.
Contact Mercedes College
540 Fullarton Rd Springfield 5062
Ph: +61 (0) 8 8372 3200
Fx: +61 (0) 8 8379 9540
The Archbishop of Adelaide is the ultimate authority within the College however, responsibility for strategic management is delegated to the College Council and operational management to the Principal.
Membership of The College Council is as follows:
1. Four members elected by the parent body
2. The Principal (Ex -Officio)
3. Four members recommended by the Council and appointed by the Archbishop
4. One member appointed by the Archbishop.
Appointments are for 2 years with the right to re-election or re-appointment. A maximum of 50% of positions may retire each year.
Please click here to view our 2016 Council member biographies.
Please click here to view a summary of the items discussed at the meeting held on Monday 16 May, 2016.
Under the umbrella of Council there are several standing committees comprising Council members with skill or interest in the particular discipline, members of the parent body and members of the administration. At present these committees are:
2. Faith and Spirituality
4. Marketing and Development
5. Risk Management
Other sub committees that report through Standing Committees are:
- Capital Development Committee (Finance and Funding Standing Committee)
- Mercedes Old Scholar Groups (Marketing and Development)
- OSHC Management Committee (Education Standing Committee)